Monday, February 15, 2010

My First Love - Wai Thong

It’s the second day of Chinese New Year. This year is kinda different with the past 5 years since I was able to visit my childhood best friend- Sharon Lam and family yesterday after 7 years not meeting each other. I met her Grandma, fiancé, mommy and of course I love the mandarin oranges, the traditional layer cakes and cookies and not to forget the generous “Ang-pau”s I got after the meaningful celebration.

Actually, since my previous post about first love received a handful of comments and hot response from readers, I feel it is worth to spend a few minutes telling you about my first love in secondary school – Wai Thong. It was in Form 1 that we met, never I knew he had been so faithful to wait for me after school late in the evening or even picked me up in the morning when my dad couldn’t fetch me. Dad was always busy, but he trusted Wai Thong so much – he never had faith with anybody the way he had with Wai Thong.

But of course during our relationship, there were times when we face our own dark ages. I don’t know how it happened but we sometimes did have a little misunderstanding or miscommunication as time passed by, and this usually caused because of me who seemed to lack responsibility of meeting him on time. Wai Thong never brought up the issue but he only expressed his dissatisfaction toward me by leaving me alone at the bus station. It was sad that he never knew to look back. It happened several times and what I did was to sit there on the bench patiently until he reaches for me at the bus station again. Often, he will come back after 1 hour or if I was lucky, he will be back by my side after 20 or 30 minutes.

Or maybe it was my fault that we are not together now. The relationship stopped when I was enrolled to IIUM Matriculation centre in 2002. I never wrote him a letter or neither did he, and he was too poor to have a mobile phone to stay in touch with me. The memories I had with him are so sweet to be told or yet to be kept in the heart. I myself never expected that the day the SPM result was released was our final goodbye. Since then, I never met him again though Chinese New Year always reminds me of him and his kindness.

But I believe he is still carrying passengers.
Thank you – Wai Thong Omnibus.

18 comments:

Old dwarf said...

waaa...touching story with 'still water' as the background music...he seem to be a very gud boy...that reminds me to my 1st love to...lots of funny things happen during that old days...im sure u also got that kinds of moment...hehe...wut a lovely couple when u said that he alwez wait u at bus station...just like in novel....gong xi fa cai...may the tiger spirit bursting in yor soul...haha

Unknown said...

haha,that's really something

i wonder if Old dwarf really understands the story.

Ms Syakira said...

Old dwarf,
i think you get it all wrong.
Wai Thong is not a boy.
It's the transport i used for 5years to commute to school. It's a bus, indeed. Haha.

Read it carefully.
Gong Xi Fa Chai 2u too!

AuTumN TearS said...

pity old dwarf~hehe

now,i`m Wai Thong`s new girlfriend, snow white!he never change and just like before~LOL

Old dwarf said...

haha...old dwarf nyanyuk laaa...sori2...maklum la dah tua...nama pn OLD dwarf...haha...i read it only once at late night...aduh...so shame la..i've been tricked by snow white...mst skg ni snow white tgh kutuk2..anyway...wakenabeb!!keep on smilling guys...

Ms Syakira said...

Hi old dwarf,hav you reached 100years? :P
Oh, it was funny of you to think that way but you made all of us laughed like crazy. Thanks for giving us a great laugh. Dont feel bad coz it's kinda good deeds to make other ppl smiling:)

Who knows you can take Wai Thong out somedays. He'll surely glad to give you a ride to anywhere you like. LOL.

Anonymous said...

hahaha,funny story

and funny comments too =)

Ms Syakira said...

Hehe nazrin, it was all because of Old Dwarf :p

But all of us can actually organize a trip by asking Wai Thong to come along.LOL.

Unknown said...

Wow...Wai Thong sure is a charming "guy". now everyone likes it.

kinda jealous haha.and thx to Old dwarf,we owe him('',)

Ms Syakira said...

yeah shaikh. u r rite. i wonder if old dwarf ever comes back for the next comment :p

Unknown said...

i bet he'll come back.dwarf is hard as stone; and twice as stubborn.

or..maybe he's with Wai Thong right now.

Safe travels,old dwarf('',)

Anonymous said...

sykr..u got me there huhu. i thought it is a guy as well. like old dwarf said..ur story is just like in the novel hehe...how gud if its human isnt it?? hehe

Ms Syakira said...

Hi Anonymous,
thanks for the comment. yeah, if it was a human, that would be a different story then. Or maybe i'll experience a great heartbreak.

Anonymous, u can sign in your nickname next time ;)

emeraldpanettiere said...

that's really a great story!i almost fell for it.gosh!

Ms Syakira said...

i guess another person fell into the trap.hehe.

thanks, emerald for reading! =)

Old dwarf said...

told u that many ppl will fall into yor trap...but im the 1st person to be yor victim...poor old dwarf...

Unknown said...

I won my bet('',)

don't be sad old dwarf.atleast u save others from it; by eating the bait of course haha.salute.

Ms Syakira said...

What a hot topic and discussion. I can conclude everyone is more attracted to love issues! That's why this topic has the highest rate.LOL.